Britain has been funding surveys in Pakistan's Tribal Areas which reveal that US drone strikes in the region are causing deep resentment among the local population. Foreign Minister, Alistair Burt, confirmed that the Foreign Office had "supported" surveys which showed the proportion of respondents in the tribal areas who believed drone strikes were "never justified" had risen from 59 percent in ...
Pop star Rihanna has reportedly sued British retail brand Topshop for $5 million for using her image on their products without her permission. The brand has been selling women's T-shirts printed with an image of Rihanna in an oufit from her iconic "We Found Love" video. "Rihanna's management asked Topshop a number of times to stop selling her image and were told, 'We do what we want'. They buy ...
Jimmy Savile's history of sex abuses against children is to be made into a musical by a British scriptwriter. Punch and Judy will tell the "dark, irreverent tale" of how the "cheekiest chappy in the land" turned into a sex-hungry monster, the Daily Star reported. The musical will use song and comedy to look at how the late television presenter managed to rape and abuse vulnerable ...
Rihanna is set to file a 5-million-dollar lawsuit against UK retail giant Topshop over alleged unauthorised use of her picture on their products. The 25-year-old singer was reportedly angry after finding out that the High Street Fashion chain had been selling women's T-shirts printed with an image of her from her 'We Found Love' video and is apparently taking legal action after eight-months of ...
Millions of British holidaymakers and business travellers heading for the United States this summer are facing longer queues than ever for their applications to be processed by immigration. Research by The Independent has revealed that budget cuts at US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) have sharply increased airport queues, with the worst delays in Florida. The research revealed that ...
The House by the Cemetery (Quella villa accanto al cimitero) [Blu-Ray]
Lucio Fulcis The House by the Cemetery (Quella villa accanto al cimitero) was released near the end of a particularly prolific period for the Italian director, who had, after several decades of directing projects in a wide variety of genres including co ... ...
English legend Sir Ian Botham has said that he is confident that James Anderson will surpass him as England's leading Test wicket-taker after the fast bowler took three more Test wickets against New Zealand to reach 301, 82 short of Botham's England record. Welcoming the Lancashire player to the exclusive 300 club, Botham said that he had told Anderson that his next target should be 384, then ...
A 19-year-old man and a 15-year-old accomplice who tried to rob a shop owned by an Indian-origin man in Britain last year have been sentenced by a court in Britain. Kevin Francis Smith has been sentenced to two-and-half-years detention while the 15-year-old accomplice has been given a two-year youth rehabilitation order under supervision by the Leicester Crown Court Friday, the Leicester ...
I inadvertently boarded an East Coast train from London to Newark which was an hour earlier than the one I had booked. It's a journey I regularly take, but I had had a harrowing experience that morning trying to help save a child's life and so had forgotten to put my watch back an hour after returning from France. I therefore believed I was on the correct ...
The internet is a fast growing avenues for those seeking advice about the costs of elderly care, says Partnership, whose second annual care index compares attitudes towards the cost of long term ...
Millions of people are still affected by poor oral health. Two in every three adults have visible dental plaque, and three in every ten suffer from regular dental ...
Did I hear right?
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
The UK NewsThe UK News | Headlines making the News in the UK
The UK News is one of the most comprehensive UK news online newspapers on the Web, providing breaking news, and an extensive range of articles of general interest about the United Kingdom.
Weather forecasts, sports updates, and world news headlines, business and financial markets reports are regular features. Vote on a topical news poll, and see how people the world over are seeing current issues.
Coverage extends from Great Britain to Northern Ireland, and takes in Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Wight. The British sector takes in England, Scotland and Wales, with news emanating from major cities such as London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Cardiff.
The UK News reports on the latest in Northern Ireland, particularly in relation to the peace process. Whether it�s regional, local, or even global news, it all comes together on The UK News. Akin to buying a newspaper in each of the main cities and counties of the United Kingdom, the UK News brings it all together in one composite newspaper online.
You can also subscribe to receive headlines by email each day. Simply register your email, and there�s no more to do. To discontinue the service at any time, you simply advise us.
Former Spice girl Singer Melanie Chisholm aka Mel C says her daughter Scarlet really adores singer Jessie J, who is a judge on the Britain's singing reality show "The Voice".
Mel C feels she is the second favourite of her four-year-old daughter.
"Saturday night telly with 'The Voice' is an absolute must as Jessie J is her favourite singer. Mummy's only her second favourite now," new! magazine quoted Mel C as saying.
The singer feels children have become more sophisticated nowadays with their choices.
"I think children are so much more sophisticated now with their eating habits and going to restaurants. She loves going out for noodles or a babycino," she said.
Scarlet is Mel C's daughter with ex-partner Thomas Starr.
- Botham confident about Anderson surpassing him as Englands leading Test wicket-taker
- New mayor names Riding for the Disabled his charity for the year
- Regions favourite Indian restaurant to compete for top prize
- Ealing ready to choose its new youth mayor
- Giant shoe for Epsom Derby
- Man City agrees on record 54 mln-pound deal for Atleticos Falcao to usher in Pellegrini era
- Mancini says goodbye to Man City fans with full-page thankful paper ad
- Kompany Silva Hart threatened to quit Man City if Mancini wasnt sacked
- Chelsea asks Man U to name any price for wantaway Rooney
- Jessica Ennis Marries In Derbyshire Ceremony
- Hydro bosses insist new music venue will open for business on schedule as sources tip Rod Stewart as opening act
- Greenock hotel horror Police refuse to confirm whether mother and daughter died in suicide pact
- Royal Regiment of Scotland top military league of shame by failing more drug tests than any other
- British Study Raises Warning on Scottish Banks
- Scotland could become another Cyprus if it becomes independent
- Im like a maestro from the Boston Philharmonic The best quotes of the Premier League season
- Surrey must learn to be consistent says Chris Adams
- Round-up Alan Richardson rolls back years as Kent create horrid history
- On The Front Foot Will Andrew Strauss spill the beans on Kevin Pietersen in his new autobiography
- Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer set to renew old rivalry in Rome
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks Financial Times Twitter sites
- Most influential Brit expats in banking and finance
- UAE Brit List 2013 revealed
- Qatar said to eye stake in Italys Versace
- Finance and media dominate Brit List rankings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest The UK News headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britain funding surveys in Pakistan on US drone attacks
- Rihanna sues Topshop
- Jimmy Saviles half-century of sex abuse to be made into musical
- RiRi suing UK retail giant for $5m over image used without consent
- British travelers to face longest ever US immigration queues